Most Popular Posts
- Industrial Sensing Fundamentals – Back to the Basics: NPN vs PNP
- Basic Operating Principle of an Inductive Proximity Sensor
- Back to the Basics – How do I wire my 3-wire sensors?
- Analog Signals: 0 to 10V Vs. 4-20 mA
- Back to the Basics: How Do I Wire a DC 2-wire Sensor?
- Flush or Non-Flush - What's the Difference?
- Inductive Proximity Sensor Targets - Material does matter
- Which cable jacket is best for your application?
- Photoelectric Basics - Light On or Dark On
- Basic Sensors for Robot Grippers
Connect with us
Contact usBalluff, Inc.
8125 Holton Drive
Florence, KY 41042
Awards & Recognition
Tag Archives: hydraulics & pneumatics
The classic linear position feedback solution for hydraulic cylinders is the rod-style magnetostrictive sensor installed from the back end of the cylinder. The cylinder rod is gun-drilled to accept the length of the sensor probe, and a target magnet is … Continue reading
In a previous Sensortech post entitled “Hydraulic Cylinder Position Feedback“, we discussed the basic concept of hydraulic cylinder position feedback. In case you might have missed that post, here it is for an encore appearance. Magnetostrictive linear position transducers are commonly … Continue reading
There are many excellent industrial trade magazines that offer equally valuable online content. If you are interested in the latest news and information about industrial sensor technology, be sure to subscribe or regularly follow these online publications: Machine Design Motion System Design … Continue reading