Most Popular Posts
- Industrial Sensing Fundamentals – Back to the Basics: NPN vs PNP
- Back to the Basics – How do I wire my 3-wire sensors?
- Basic Operating Principle of an Inductive Proximity Sensor
- Back to the Basics: How Do I Wire a DC 2-wire Sensor?
- Analog Signals: 0 to 10V Vs. 4-20 mA
- Which cable jacket is best for your application?
- Flush or Non-Flush - What's the Difference?
- Inductive Proximity Sensor Targets - Material does matter
- Top 5 Automation Insights Posts from 2017
- How do I choose the right sensor?
Connect with us
Contact usBalluff, Inc.
8125 Holton Drive
Florence, KY 41042
Awards & Recognition
Tag Archives: motion control
Motion control system designers have found a way to eliminate or reduce common sources of position error, such as mechanical backlash, non-linearity, and hysteresis. The method is called direct load position sensing and it employs linear encoders as a source of … Continue reading
Applications for linear feedback sensors are numerous and varied. Likewise, linear feedback sensors are available in numerous form factors and with a wide variety of performance characteristics. Matching your application to the most appropriate sensor can be a daunting proposition. … Continue reading
Peter Nachtwey of Delta Computer Systems has written an excellent primer on electro-hydraulic motion control. In addition to many design and component selection tips, he highlights the benefits of magnetostrictive linear displacement transducers (MLDT) for position feedback to the controller. Check out … Continue reading