Most Popular Posts
- Industrial Sensing Fundamentals – Back to the Basics: NPN vs PNP
- Back to the Basics – How do I wire my 3-wire sensors?
- Analog Signals: 0 to 10V Vs. 4-20 mA
- Basic Operating Principle of an Inductive Proximity Sensor
- IO-Link Hydraulic Cylinder Position Feedback
- Mechanical Probe Eliminates Impact for Inductive Proximity Sensor
- Solving Analog Integration Conundrum
- Flush or Non-Flush - What's the Difference?
- Which cable jacket is best for your application?
- The basics of IP69K Washdown explained
Connect with us
Contact usBalluff, Inc.
8125 Holton Drive
Florence, KY 41042
Awards & Recognition
Tag Archives: magnetostriction
In a previous blog post, we looked at the basic operating principle of magnetostriction and how it is applied in a linear position transducer. In this post we’re going to take a more in-depth look at this popular sensing technique … Continue reading
Magnetostriction is a property of ferromagnetic (iron-based, magnetizeable) materials that causes them to change their shape or dimensions in the presence of a magnetic field. In addition to numerous other practical uses, this magnetostrictive effect is ideally suited for use … Continue reading