Most Popular Posts
- Industrial Sensing Fundamentals – Back to the Basics: NPN vs PNP
- Back to the Basics – How do I wire my 3-wire sensors?
- Basic Operating Principle of an Inductive Proximity Sensor
- Analog Signals: 0 to 10V Vs. 4-20 mA
- Flush or Non-Flush - What's the Difference?
- Inductive Proximity Sensor Targets - Material does matter
- Back to the Basics: How Do I Wire a DC 2-wire Sensor?
- Which cable jacket is best for your application?
- Increase Competitiveness with RFID in the Intralogistics Industry
- Photoelectric Basics - Light On or Dark On
Connect with us
Contact usBalluff, Inc.
8125 Holton Drive
Florence, KY 41042
Awards & Recognition
Tag Archives: Industry 4.0
A few months ago a customer and I met to discuss their Industry 4.0 & IIoT pilot project. We discussed technology options and ways to collect data from the existing manufacturing process. Options like reading the data directly from the … Continue reading
These days almost every smart industrial device that comes to the market is advertised as “ready for IIoT.” But what does it actually mean? Before we get too technical, we should look at what the objectives are for IIoT and … Continue reading
IIoT is the perfect solution for all your data accessibility needs, right? If you check out my previous blogs, I discussed the many benefits of using the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) to remotely access data. However, if not used … Continue reading
(If you aren’t sure what Industry 4.0 or IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things) are, take a look at these previous blog entries.) I’m amazed at all the research published each week presenting the value Industry 4.0 and IIoT are bringing … Continue reading
In a previous entry, Mission Industry 4.0 @ Balluff, I explained that the two primary objectives for Balluff’s work in the area of Industry 4.0 are to help customers achieve high production efficiencies in their automation and achieve ‘batch size one’ production. … Continue reading