Most Popular Posts
- Industrial Sensing Fundamentals – Back to the Basics: NPN vs PNP
- Back to the Basics – How do I wire my 3-wire sensors?
- Analog Signals: 0 to 10V Vs. 4-20 mA
- Basic Operating Principle of an Inductive Proximity Sensor
- Which cable jacket is best for your application?
- Flush or Non-Flush - What's the Difference?
- Back to the Basics: How Do I Wire a DC 2-wire Sensor?
- Measurement Fundamentals: Position Measurement vs. Distance Measurement
- Photoelectric Basics - Light On or Dark On
- Resolution, Accuracy, and Repeatability
Connect with us
Contact usBalluff, Inc.
8125 Holton Drive
Florence, KY 41042
Awards & Recognition
Tag Archives: hydraulic cylinders
The classic linear position feedback solution for hydraulic cylinders is the rod-style magnetostrictive sensor installed from the back end of the cylinder. The cylinder rod is gun-drilled to accept the length of the sensor probe, and a target magnet is … Continue reading
In the current era of steel production, steel manufacturers employ a continuous process during the casting phase of production. The molten steel is solidified during this process by a continuous casting machine. The processes include feeding the liquid steel through … Continue reading
When maintenance technicians replace linear position sensors (also known as probes or wands) from hydraulic cylinders, it can leave a terrible mess, waste hydraulic oils, and expose the individual to harmful hot fluids. Also, the change out process can expose … Continue reading