Most Popular Posts
- Industrial Sensing Fundamentals – Back to the Basics: NPN vs PNP
- Basic Operating Principle of an Inductive Proximity Sensor
- Analog Signals: 0 to 10V Vs. 4-20 mA
- Back to the Basics – How do I wire my 3-wire sensors?
- Which cable jacket is best for your application?
- Back to the Basics: How Do I Wire a DC 2-wire Sensor?
- Flush or Non-Flush - What's the Difference?
- What's best for integrating Poka-yoke or Mistake Proofing sensors?
- Photoelectric Basics - Light On or Dark On
- Inductive Proximity Sensor Targets - Material does matter
Connect with us
- Balluff is pleased to introduce the all-in-one RFID read/write system. The processor, antenna, and switch are all i… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 22 hours ago
- Mold-ID from Balluff guarantees optimum tool utilization through precise tracking such as injection molds in inject… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
Contact usBalluff, Inc.
8125 Holton Drive
Florence, KY 41042
Awards & Recognition
Tag Archives: gmr
Roughly four sensing-related processes occur in a welding cell with regards to parts that are to be joined by MIG, TIG and resistance welding by specialized robotic /automated equipment: Nesting…usually, inductive proximity sensors with special Weld Field Resistance properties and … Continue reading
In a previous post we took a look at magnetic field sensors vs inductive proximity sensors for robot grippers. In this post I am going to dive a little deeper into magnetic field sensors and compare two technologies: reed switches, … Continue reading
Here’s a real-world application where the reliability of the sensors is directly related to the reliability of the process in producing quality results. Pictured below is a pneumatic actuator for a vacuum valve. Inside the actuator, a magnetic ring is installed around the moving … Continue reading
There are better alternatives to detect pneumatic cylinder end of stroke position than reed switches or proximity switches. By better, I mean they are faster and easier to implement into your control system. In addition, you can realize other benefits … Continue reading