Everyone likes things on demand right? Movies, TV shows, chocolate, you name it. My good friend, John Harmon, has prepared a YouTube video so that you have at your fingertips an on-demand presentation on Distributed Modular I/O. It is a great overview of the available functionality of Distributed Modular I/O and what kinds of control products that are available utilizing this technology. I realize the video is seven and a half minutes, which is pretty long for a web video, but I think he does an excellent job of keeping your attention and demonstrating the value of this technology. Grab a soda and your favorite chocolate bar, put your phone on silent, and hit play on this excellent presentation.
Key takeaways from John’s presentation on Distributed Modular I/O
- Utilizes the vendor neutral, non-proprietary, open system called IO-Link
- Discrete I/O or Analog I/O can be easily integrated
- Using parameters allows intelligent sensors to be swapped or programmed on the fly
- Control valve manifolds from a variety of valve manufacturers
- Scalability allows for any combination of I/O and expansion of the network device
If you would like more information about this technology, please download this free whitepaper on Distributed Modular I/O.