Written by: Andrew Bollinger
Many industries are trending toward the adoption and use of two-dimensional barcodes and readers. Thus the growth in popularity, acceptance of use, and the positive track record; 2D code readers offer a better way to track data.
2D vision sensing code readers have the following benefits:
- Higher read rate performance
– how reliably codes are read
- Multi-directional code detection
– regardless of orientation of the barcode new vision sensors go beyond the capabilities of laser scanners and older image based code readers
- Simultaneous multiple code reads
– read numerous 2D codes at the same time
- 2D allows more information storage
– with redundancy built-in
- Image archiving
– images (both good and bad) can be recorded and review
- Barcode quality monitor
– Analyses trends in quality to detect for code quality degradation
To learn more, click here.