Did you know that you can improve your production and label quality by adding sensors to your process?
Here’s a brief overview of how sensors can help you:
– Anticipate roll change-outs to improve run time
– Verify label composition and placement, reducing product rejection
– Increase application reliability and detect jams automatically to reduce waste
1. Conveyor Speed Feedback – Determine conveyor speed and position with an inexpensive rotary magnetic encoder system.
2. Triggering the Process – Apply labels with precise timing and perform quality inspections by implementing a photoelectric sensor designed for the packaging and conveying equipment.
3. Cylinder Position Detection – Monitor the position of the pad assembly using cylinder switches. If the cylinder fails to extend or retract correctly, an alarm is generated.
4. Low Label Roll Detection – Detect label roll running low and alert the operator to change it using a background suppression photoelectric sensor.
5. Label on Pad Detection – Prevent label jams or missing labels with compact sensing heads and remote amplifiers.
6. Label Defects and Orientation – Verify both label orientation and print quality by using a vision sensor.